If you work in the type of office where you can’t install your own favourite productivity software due to strict IT policies, then it’s likely that Microsoft Office is already installed on your system. Microsoft Office is packed with features that can help you stay on top of things and get the job done.
Here is a useful tip:
Right-click the section’s tab and in the menu that appears select the option to ‘Password Protect This Section…’
You can also access this option from the Review tab on the ribbon.
In the pane that then appears you can set your password to lock that section or all the password-protected sections in your notebook.
There are a couple of important things to bear in mind…
- Each section can have its own unique password
- Passwords are case-sensitive, and they cannot be recovered if you forget them! (So having a different password for each section might prove difficult to cope with)
- The choice of locking all sections will only lock those sections with passwords applied
- You might not be able to view password protected sections on all devices (so your phone or tablet may not have access to locked sections)
- To search password protected sections, you need to unlock them first
Our JN Software training courses are designed to help you unleash the power of whichever applications you need to use. We can provide the training to enable you to maximize your efficiency with OneNote or any other parts of the Microsoft Office suite.